Growing up in an Italian & Colombian home, made me sooo appreciative for delicious food! But...since delicious food was always around I kinda got used to it. After being married for a year and a half and having to cook for myself I suddenly became reaaalllyy appreciative of Mom and Nonna's delicious cooking again! I was at their house the other day and found that my Nonna had made fresh Italian bread from scratch... YUMM! So my mom decided to make Fresh Bruschetta. Needless to say, me and my hubby had an amazing dinner and I thought I'd share the recipe with you all. It's super simple and quite delicious!
1. Italian Bread (Home-made is a plus)
2. Fresh Red Tomatoes (your favorite kind)
3. Fresh Basil Leaves (Crushed)
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Balls
6. Salt & pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
2. Slice The fresh mozzarella into 1/2 inch thick slices.
3. Slice The Bread into 1 1/2 inch thick slices
4. On top of the bread, layer one slice of mozzarella and one slide of tomato and you have your bruschetta!
5. Gently drizzle the olive oil on top of your bruschetta. Top it off with the fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper. (I usually prefer to salt the tomato generously so you can taste it.)
6. Enjoy a delicious, simple and truly authentic Italian meal!