This Father's day, my nonna decided to wow us all, yet again with her amazing Flan Caramello. After stuffing my face i decided to steal her recipe and share it with you all. It's very cheap to make and delightfully creamy... yummy!
Ingredients for Flan Mix:
1 Can of Condensed Milk
Whole Milk (use the condensed milk can to measure two cans of whole milk)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Caramel:
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Water
1. Mix the sugar and the 3 tablespoons of water in a small pan and heat over medium fire. Do not stir. When you see the sugar turning into liquid caramel, quickly pour the caramel into your oven-safe baking pan. Make sure the caramel spreads all throughout the walls of the pan.
2. Mix all the flan mix ingredients in a blender for two minutes.
3. Pour the mix in the already caramelized baking pan.
4. With a fork genntly whisk the mix so that any bubbles dissapear. This is very important so your flan is rich and creamy.
5. In a large baking pan pour 3 cups of water and place your flan's pan inside the large pan with water (baine marie style) and bake at 350`F for 40 minutes.
6. After 40 min, check with a toothpick or knife and if it comes out dry, your flan is done. If not leave it in there for 5 more minutes and check again.
7. When your flan is done, take it out of the one and hot water and let cool. When it cools down. Cover it up with aluminum foil and refrigerate it overnight.
8. To serve, carefully invert on a large plate and enjoy <3