Hello everyone! Today's Workshop Wednesday is about dyeing! For our Mashia Crafts stand at the Ybor City Market, we wanted to create bunting flags using materials we already had. We cut our fabric into 8.5 By 11 pieces and decided to give them a little bit of color! Check out this super easy tutorial that will teach you how to dye using stuff you probably already have at home.Here's what you need:
- White or Crude Fabric
- Food Coloring (I used the Great Value brand. It comes with four colors and is only $1.98)
Stay tuned for the Bunting Flags Workshop Wednesday on 9.19.12 <3
- Soak your fabric in warm water until it is completely wet.
- in a pot, add 4 cups of water, one cup of vinegar and one small bottle of food coloring (this depends on how light or dark you want your colors to turn out. The less food coloring, the lighter your fabric will turn out. Also, mix up your colors to get even more color options).
- Mix it up and place it on the stove on high.
- Place your fabric in the pot and move it around to make sure it gets wet with the mixture.
- Put a lid on it and let it boil for 5 min.
- Carefully take your fabric out and rinse it under cold water. Hang dry and you are done :)